avg. age: 28
Americas - most members are Pacific Time (US & Canada) time zone.
A Destiny 2 PC group. Will it go beyond Destiny 2? Stay tuned...
Note from group mod:
Hello Guardian! Welcome to Echo 449. Whether you are new to the world of Destiny or a grizzled Destiny veteran who prefers 60+ FPS shooters, I welcome you to a group that is relaxed and all about enjoying all that Destiny 2 on PC has to offer (well, mostly - don't get me started on Trials of the Nine...).
Who knows, if it all goes well, maybe we'll expand our group's scope beyond Destiny 2. I see PUBG in the available games list...
- EdTheMadman550 (or EdTheMadman#1340 in-game)
CURRENTLY ON LOCKDOWN TO PREVENT SPOILERS FOR NEW PLAYERS. IF YOU ARE A DESTINY VETERAN, BRAVO 455 CURRENTLY HAS THIS INFORMATION.
Leviathan order: REDACTED
Faction rally? REDACTED
Trials location: REDACTED
Iron Banner: REDACTED
Group chat is located in our Discord channel. The access link can be found below.
Pay attention to the level requirements to scheduled sessions when attempting to join. Contact the session host through the session chat or direct message to confirm they do not mind you being under leveled.
NO ELITISM! No "needs to be max level w/OP meta weapon" normal difficulty postings, or you will be warned in the session chat. Remember, it says "casual" up there, and we are a welcoming group. Harder difficulty postings are a bit more lenient, and will be judged at moderator's discretion.
NO PCMR! This site was originally a site focused on Destiny 1, a console-only game. In respect of this fact, and the fact that this group has an affiliated Xbox group (see below), no PCMR memes, "peasant" insults, or "Steam is better" comments are allowed in moderated public chat channels (even in a joking manner). You have been warned. Excessive violations will lead to removal from the group.
Although some of us have our preferences, other members are still new to the world of PC gaming. So stay calm, be polite, and don't get too carried away on discussions about brands of PC parts. Our Discord server has a dedicated channel for more "passionate" discussions (including venting your PCMR frustrations).
When you have changed your mind about the creation of a game please delete it, do not just leave it empty.
If you sign up for a game in reserve, please be available at that time to play. If you then make alternate plans, please remove yourself as a reserve from the game session.
If people fail to show up for a game session, be sure to mark them as no shows.
"Annihilator Totem" - This is especially important for new and/or occasional members. To maintain active status, the site has algorithms to remove inactive accounts from groups. You need to log in and join/create a game at least once in a 30-day period to stay active.
1) There will always be at least a few people that will help you if you need it. It never hurts to post a game session. (TEMPORARILY SUPRESSED)
2) If you need help, make sure you mark the “Sherpa Requested” option when creating a game session. Many members in this group are PC defectors/double-dippers from other Destiny groups and clans, and already know their way around the basics.
3) Not enough people joining your session? Don't get discouraged; there could be a few reasons that no one is joining (check below). If it's a last-minute situation, don't forget that Destiny 2 has a "Guided Games" feature - help us get some new blood into our group.
4) We're not kidding about the Annihilator Totem message under "Group Info & Guidelines." The site will kick you out of our group if you don't check in every couple of weeks or so.
Reasons no one is joining your session
1) Wrong game/session - did you want to kill Gary? Well, you left it as "Story Missions." Check the post before you submit. The email notification does not get sent out again after editing the session type.
2) Major event going on - is it Iron Banner (you'll understand what it is soon enough if you're new to Destiny) right now? If so, expect reduced activity for non-timed events.
3) Did you set it to group only? If so, disable it a few hours before game time if no one's biting.
4) Inconvenient time - remember, most of our members live North America; plan accordingly on weekdays.
Helpful advice about the site for rookies
The site's help page
If you want to join a clan, CLICK HERE. The group is open to anyone to join, but will require moderator approval. There will be several in-game features that will take advantage
of this clan, including raid and nightfall strike matchmaking. Keep in mind that there is a 100-member cap, and the moderators have the right to remove you if you have been inactive with us for too long and we have a "waiting list."
You can access our Discord server through this link. Moderator approval is required before you will be able to chat.
This group is the PC-oriented sister group of Bravo Company 455, one of the largest and oldest groups here on The100. If you own (or plan to own) an Xbox One (S/X) or Play Anywhere games, feel free to join us here. Special accomodations may be required if we're at capacity.
Establishing "beachheads" on Steam, Origin, and Xbox on Windows 10 will be considered in the future.
Need a new PC? Your old i5-2500K/GTX 660 box just not cutting it anymore? Still on a GTX 460 and want something new to put in? Had enough of the drawbacks with your gaming laptop? You've come to the right section! Listed below is a set of resources that you can use to plan a new desktop build/find new parts for Destiny 2, GTA V mods, PUBG, or just about any general noob-pwning action:
|CPU||Pentium G4560 or Ryzen 1200||i5-8400 or Ryzen 1600||i7-8700(K) or Ryzen 1700(X)|
|RAM||8 GB||8-16 GB||16 GB|
|GPU||GTX 1050 or RX 560||GTX 1060 or RX 580||GTX 1080 or Vega 64|
A sample build of a PC that meets Recommended requirements can be seen below.
|CPU||AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor||$194.29 @ OutletPC|
|Motherboard||Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard||$108.88 @ Amazon|
|Memory||Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory||$89.49 @ Newegg Marketplace|
|Storage||Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive||$98.94 @ OutletPC|
|Video Card||EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card||$259.88 @ OutletPC|
|Case||NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case||$67.99 @ SuperBiiz|
|Power Supply||SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply||$68.59 @ SuperBiiz|
|Operating System||Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit||$92.99 @ Best Buy|
|Prices are US-centric, and do not include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts|
|Part choice is based on being able to acquire all the parts from a Micro Center. This list does not factor in brand preferences or the cheapest price equivalent part.|
|This list does not include a mouse, keyboard, display, or headset|
|List is updated about monthly-ish|
|Keep in mind that these are recommedations, and should be used as a reference.|
|Modified from a list generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-23 17:24 EDT-0400|
Click the "Members" tab at the top to view all group members.